Friday, July 6, 2012

Derkesthai



Derkesthai, 2012, graphite and charcoal on Bristol board/Sumi ink and iridescent acrylic ink, 18 x 24;

This drawing was created for the Exquisite Corpse exhibition at KALEID Gallery.


My intention was to create a 
dragon/man hybrid, a spiritual being. Not a fire-breathing folklore creature, but rather a totemic representation.
Creature’s open eyes, while following viewer’s every move, are also bringing into existence the very Universe he resides in. 


He is clinging onto life, onto reality only he can experience.
Unfortunately the creature is bound for extinction because his reality is a false one.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dragi Miha čestitam Ti za tvoja dela, ki sva si jih danes ogledala s tvojim očetom.

Anonymous said...

Hey! your head is on my torso!! Haha I had no idea that my fave barista is such a good artist B-)

Sweet Swede said...

OH MY GOOOD I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!!